MBI provides professional mental health services to over 3,000 consumers in its mental health programs. It is our goal to embrace, advocate, and empower the minds and lives of men, women, and children. Our highly experienced healthcare professionals provide premium services throughout the DC Metropolitan Area.
MBI is seeking dedicated individuals, who want to help facilitate change and growth, to work with adults and children that have serious mental illness and disabilities as community support workers/case managers. Community support workers spend at least 70% of the time in the field teaching clients the skills required to manage their disorder and succeed in their individual recovery goal. Community Support Workers support individuals in attaining meaningful, sufficient lives through the growth of the skills necessary to live independently, acquire employment, complete their education/training and have vigorous social lives.
- Assisting people in identifying personal recovery goals.
- Assisting with community resources such as housing, food banks and medical care.
- Providing psycho-educational and teaching symptom management skills to minimize the effects of symptoms of individual daily lives.
- Helping people develop their personal support systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, computer, and time management skills required
- Previous work in the mental health field and/or social services/social work, preferred
- Must pass background check.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Normal office conditions apply. Employee must have clear, close vision for reading and computer work. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, grasp, talk, hear and operate computer keyboard. Job may require reaching at shoulder level and below waist.
4130 Hunt Place, NE
Washington, DC 20019