CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialist
Department: Cooperative Agreement to Benefit Homeless Individuals (CABHI)
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: CABHI Program Manager
Employment Status: Full Time Position
CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialists provide outreach and housing navigation services to clients
without homes identified through the coordinated entry housing system so they may achieve housing
stability. CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialists assist CABHI clients in defining their goals for
recovery and achieving those goals through connection with a Core Service Agency and/or Recovery
Support. CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialists perform a variety of tasks including providing
outreach/in-reach and support to CABHI clients, advocating on behalf of the client, and helping clients
develop natural supports that facilitate wellness. CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialists carry a
caseload of up to 30 clients on the CABHI team.
● Conduct outreach and/in-reach to local shelters, meal programs, drop-in centers, etc.
● Assist client with obtaining all vital documents (Social Security Card, ID, etc) for lease
● Attend all approved trainings on Credible, trauma-informed care, HMIS, and other DBH-
● Support client in identifying personal goals for recovery and wellness.
● Conduct VI-SPDAT assessments with outreached clients and enter them into HMIS as needed.
● Assist clients in identifying personal strengths and potential barriers to attaining recovery goals.
● Assist and support clients in crisis situations.
● Assist clients in facilitating SOAR services to apply for all benefits and entitlements that will
provide for their needs, such as SSI, Medicaid, Housing vouchers, energy assistance, and reduced
● Assist clients in developing natural support networks, including those serving Veterans, by
building social skills and locating supports and services in the community such as AA, self-help
groups, and recreational activities.
● Work with the CAHP and identified PSH team to locate safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for
clients that is appropriate for the level of care that they need; provide support during transition
from diverse types of housing.
● Accompany clients to critical services to provide support when necessary.
● Provide education, support and consultation to clients’ families and support system, as
● Document all services provided in the Credible EHR system and HMIS the same day the service
is provided, but no later than 10AM the next business day.
● Provide advocacy and support for clients as they navigate social, governmental, and community
Supervision and Performance Management
Supervision Received: CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialists are supervised by the CABHI
Supervision Given: CABHI Outreach and Engagement Specialists do not supervise anyone.
● Annual PPD(TB) test or chest x-ray every 5 years.
● Able to work flexible hours when necessary.
● If driving for position, must have valid driver’s license in the state of residence.
● High School Diploma plus personal experience with behavioral health difficulties and behavioral
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to work in a diverse environment.
● Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
1211 Taylor Street NE