Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining confidentiality of records relating to consumer treatment.
- Collecting information about consumers through interviews, tests and evaluation of day to day functioning within work, family and other routines identifying areas needing continued support, resources and treatment in order to assist consumers.
- Supports and closely coordinates mental health care with the Primary Care Provider of consumer
- Providing therapeutic services to consumers through individual, family and group sessions that are consistent with the current research, professional standards and MBI vision and values.
- Preparing and completing diagnostic and bio-psychosocial assessments, clinical notes, referrals, treatments plans of consumers.
- Provide brief interventions using evidenced-based techniques such as Behavioral Activation, Motivational Interviewing, or other interventions
- Collaborating with the MBI leadership team, by assisting with identifying, developing, coordinating, and evaluating clinical and non clinical training for staff to ensure consistency in the MBI standard of practice and continued advancement of MBI Health Services.
- Participates in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant and communicate resulting treatment recommendation to the consumer’s PCP as needed.
- Providing expert level consultation, guidance and support to MBI staff creating a working environment in which collaboration is valued and excellence in clinical care is promoted and achieved.
- Assisting with developing, implementing and expanding MBI services and programs to address identified gaps in mental health and supportive services available to the surrounding community.
- Conducting follow up and aftercare planning services as needed. Expeditiously discharging inactive clients.
- Providing emergency services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
- Providing direct supervision to a team of clinical and non-clinical staff that supports an interdisciplinary team approach to the delivery of care.
- Attending staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and other activities, which ensure the smooth functioning of clinical operations.
- Providing office based supervision to transition facilitators including review of documents, work productivity and feedback regarding quality of interaction with consumers.
- All this must be accomplished and provided in compliance with the District of Columbia’s Mental Health Standards and regulations of MBI Health Services, LLC. and all Federal, State and local laws applicable to this agreement.
- Completing ten (10) billable hours weekly.
- Performing all other related duties as assigned.
- LICSW or LPC required (Must be licensed in Washington, DC)
- Two years of work experience in a clinical environment
- Two years of supervisory experience supervising managers
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Experience with screening, assessment, and treatment planning for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing and Behavioral Activation)
- Experience working with Underserved populations preferred
How to Apply:
Contact: Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position Location: 4130 Hunt Place, NE
4130 Hunt Place, NE
Washington, DC 20019