Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs home management tasks including housekeeping, laundry, shopping and
2. Prepares and services simple modified diets according to instruction and assist with
feeding as necessary.
3. Assists with toileting, including use of bedpan, commode or toilet.
4. Assists with transfer and ambulation including use of cane, walker, and wheelchair.
5. Assists with bathing, dressing and grooming.
6. Assists with medication (medication reminders only) as specified on plan of care.
7. Provides routine skin care. May assist self-directing consumers in applying
non-prescription topical medication to skin surface.
8. Measures and record vital signs.
9. Collects routine specimens when ordered.
10. Monitors consumer to ensure compliance with medications.
11. Arrange for transportation and accompanies consumer on appointments.
12. Obtain consumer weight.
13. Report changes in consumer status per MBI basic policies.
14. Assist in self-directing consumer in performing maintenance exercise programs.
15. Cares for male external catheter care bag.
16. Assists the self-directing consumer with changing a urinary diversion appliance or
dressing when the ostomy is mature and stable.
17. Assists the self-directing consumer with use of oxygen equipment.
18. Complete all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
$15 and above