SUD Qualified Practitioner / Clinician:
The Qualified Practitioner / Clinician is a licensed clinician that works directly with the Director of
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Program to provide an array of substance abuse services to ensure
the operation of services and continuity of care is being provided to assist substance abuse clients
with achieving and maintaining abstinence of alcohol and drugs an linkage of services in the
community to assist with long term abstinence for alcohol and drugs
● Follow MBI policy and procedures to ensure quality care.
● Identify, plan, implement, monitor and evaluate services to best meet client’s
● Ensure clients are at the appropriate level of care, monitoring progress and
ensuring timely assessment and transfer to a more appropriate level of care as
● Lead and guide the interdisciplinary team to establish medical necessity for
● Review and complete the consumer’s assessment (TAP) and establish the
● Provide clinical oversight to the interdisciplinary team members activities.
● Complete treatment plans to ensure they are current and up to date.
● Complete comprehensive assessment, brief assessment and ongoing
assessment as needed.
● Provide clinical care coordination, including oversight of linkages to other
providers internal and external services to meet additional needs related to a
co-occurring medical and /or psychiatric condition documented in the treatment
● Prevent and provide crisis intervention and follow-up to improve clinical
● Complete assessments, treatment plans and encounter notes for services on the
same day delivered. Complete comprehensive summary within 24 hrs.
● Provide family counseling to clients and families as needed and requested by the
● Provide individual and group counseling to consumers,
● Maintain collateral relationships with outside agencies to ensure continuity of
● Organize, facilitate and /or participate in clinical treatment team meetings.
● Participate in staff meetings’
● Participate in all required training, staff meetings, and supervisions.
● Review and release billable notes through DATA WITS EMR daily.
● Other related duties as assigned.
● Minimum of 6 SIDA hours daily.( * SIDA = SEE or Outreach your client,
INTERVENE weekly with clients, DOCUMENT what you did, APPROVE in a
● Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or behavioral related field.
● 1-2 years experience in a substance use and/or co-occurring environment.
● LICSW, LGSW, LISW,LPC, LMFT.