LICSW Therapist will be responsible for providing structured, ethical and culturally sensitive clinical counseling in accordance with the District of Columbia license and certification standards for mental health services in an outpatient facility.
Provides counseling, reviews, and assessments for individuals served. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude toward the agency and its overall success. Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
- Provides outpatient therapy and/or substance abuse services for adults and families both in individual and group settings.
- Conducts mental health and substance abuse intakes and assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Conducts diagnostic assessments, including in the community.
- Participates in treatment team meetings and link families to appropriate services and agencies to assist in the overall health and wellbeing of the individuals served.
- Engages new intakes by meeting weekly until assignments can be made.
- Collects, enters and assigns therapy clients, including providing referral to medical records.
- Provides therapy; maintains assigned caseload.
- Works with Clinical Managers and other multi-disciplinary team members to develop and implement treatment plans/assessments for clients.
- Creates appropriate case management notes and input into systems as needed.
- At least one year of clinical experience working with severely mentally ill, intellectually disabled, and/or substance dependent populations.
- Have experience working with children, youth, and parents with serious mental illness and be passionate about interrupting the intergenerational transmission of trauma.
- DSM IV/V diagnoses, a variety of therapeutic modalities and interventions, milieu therapy, family systems approach, and mental health-related evidence-based practices.
- Pertinent resources, legal status and related policies and procedures as they affect adults, children, youth and families.
- The experienced candidate will work with physicians on duty to help evaluate and treat consumer population within a mental health environment.
- Current unrestricted Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) in the District of Columbia.
- Master’s degree in Human Services field (required)
- 5 years of progressively experience in the mental field.
- Certification in CPR and basic First Aid (required but can be obtained upon hire)
- Valid driver’s license and meet requirements of motor vehicle check and FBI background check
4130 Hunt Place NE
Washington, DC 20019