Dr. Nnawuchi is experienced in the assessment, diagnosis, psychodynamic formulation, developmental analysis, and individual psychotherapeutic and psychopharmacological treatment of Axis I disorders, personality disorders, and organic brain impairment in adult and adolescent patients. Comprehensive independent psychiatric evaluation and disposition of insured disability claims. Comprehensive assessment of occupational functional competence/disability.
Dr. Nnawuchi’s vast experience includes serving in the following capacities:
- Expert Witness for the DC Public Defenders Office for Mental Health Hearings
- Psychiatrist, Rock Creek Manor Nursing Home
- Medical Director, Chevy Chase Psychiatry
- Medical Director, United Medical Center
- Psychiatrist, Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Vice President - Eastern Region, American Association of Emergency Psychiatry (AAEP), 2006-2010
- Medical Director, Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP), 2006-2008
Dr. Nnawuchi’s numerous media appearances include:
- Fox 5 - DC, '"I Love My Hair' Sends Positive Message," October 20, 2010
- Fox 5 - .DC, "Balloon Boy Family Charges Expected, “October 19, 2009
- Fox 5 - DC, "The Debate About Antidepressants,” February 12, 2008
Dr. Nnawuchi was cited as a Top Therapist in the Washingtonian Magazine issue of July 2009 - in the areas of Initial Consultation and Evaluation, Anxiety Disorders, Major Depressive Disorder and Psychopharmacology.