Transitional Age Youth Division(TAY)
#Youth On The Move!
TIP (now known as our TAY Program) has been one of MBI Health Services’ shining programs found within its walls. Kids ranging from 14 years to 29 years of age are able to experience a different, and much more positive way of life with the help, and guidance, of the TAY Team found at our headquarters location in Washington D.C.
The Transition to Independence Process Program is an evidence-based practice for youth that range between 14 to 29 years of age. By using the Seven TIP Core Practice Modules (SCORA, What’s UP, Rationales, SODAS, In-Vivo, Strength Discovery/Needs Assessment, Future’s Planning), youth are able to move towards independence in life.
Since TIP’s implementation at MBI in 2013, the following has been accomplished for our youth:
- Increased amount of participation in treatment services
- Increased levels of employment
- Reduced amount of substance abuse
- Enrollment in higher educational programs
- Additional support from Family and community providers
Upon assisting Washington DC’s most vulnerable population, MBI’s TAY Program has been recognized for providing the following services for our youth:
- TIP Real R. A. P ( Recognize and Progress) Coping Skills Group
- TIPgiving Annual Event
- Recognized by TIP Creator, Dr. Rusty Clark for outstanding TIP Services
- Recognized as having TIP’s first Success Story in DC
All in all, our TAY team at MBI can assist you with employment, your career goals, group support, your living situation, your personal well-being, and the way you function in your community.
For additional information, these concepts can be found on www.tipstars.org.